Who We Are
Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship (EPLF) is an initiative of The Bridge Leadership Foundation. A non-partisan program, EPLF nurtures and prepares young Nigerians for political leadership at the local, regional, and national levels with a view to improving the quality of Nigeria’s leadership pool and the impact of its developmental interventions. The program aims at tackling the deep-rooted leadership problems we have faced as a country by exposing Fellows to the critical knowledge required for them to play in Nigeria’s political arena and thrive while in it.
- Drive the transfer of context, skills and knowledge to the next generation of political leaders in Nigeria.
- Create, nurture and deepen access to critical networks that facilitate the emergence of leaders in Nigeria.
- Facilitate access to campaign funding for Fellows.
- Create and codify a system that demystifies political leadership in Nigeria.
- Become a credible local partner for global collaborators.
Technical Advisory Council of First Cohort
Program Faculty of First Cohort
2022 Cohort Alumnus
Guest Facilitators of First Cohort
Why Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship?
Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship is a program committed to delivering
Who Should Apply?
- Youth activists, young politicians or political candidates, and student leaders between 25 and 45 years.
- Mid-senior level technocrats.
- Young, values-driven civil servants.
- Nigerians in Diaspora interested in leading in Nigeria.
- Young values-driven support staff of politicians (Special Advisers, Technical Assistants, Personal Assistants, etc.).
- Women and other minority groups prone to discrimination and exclusion.
- Call for applications
- Selection and announcement of Fellows
- Induction of Fellows
- Commencement of training
- Commencement of internship and mentor shadow program
- Commencement of Civic Engagement Activity
- Fellows capstone project preparation
- Residential Bootcamp
- Fellows capstone presentation
- Post-program support
Over the course of a year, selected Fellows will intern, volunteer, meet and be mentored by past and current Political Leaders across Nigeria and all levels of government. The fellowship culminates in an intensive Bootcamp where a carefully curated list of Politicians, Development Experts, Civil Society, Religious Figures, and Coaches meet with Fellows, share context, impart knowledge and facilitate their introduction to networks critical to their political career success in the near future.
Are You Ready?
Fellows get the opportunity to access customized content taught by a world-class Faculty, and intern with/shadow seasoned and credible Nigerian Politicians
Partner With Us
Frequently Asked Questions
Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship is a non-partisan project which nurtures and prepares young Nigerians (within and beyond Nigeria) for leadership at the local, regional, and national levels with a view to improving the quality of Nigeria’s leadership pool and the impact of its developmental interventions.
The Fellowship is a one-year multi-site fellowship where fellows across Nigeria irrespective of culture, status, or background will over the course of a year, gain access to tailored content delivered by experts and credible politicians.
25 and 45 years
The program will be delivered using a hybrid learning approach (Onsite & Virtual), 6 months of virtual training, 3 months of Internship/Mentor-shadow Program, Onsite Bootcamp Experience
- Opportunity to be part of a pioneering program on political leadership on the African continent
- Access to a high-impact, 6-month political leadership development training
- Opportunity to have access to, and be trained by a world-class Faculty
- One-on-one mentorship by credible and seasoned Nigerian Politicians currently serving at various levels across the country
- One-on-one/group meetings with, and access to influential Nigerian politicians curated across party lines
- Cost for local air travel, airport transfers, accommodation and feeding for the duration of the bootcamp will be covered (Nigerians in Diaspora will be responsible for their travel arrangements to Nigeria)
- Opportunity to serve on subsequent programs as Facilitators, Program Ambassadors, Advisory Council members, and/or Mentors
- Increased visibility within Nigeria’s political space and amongst its most influential stakeholders
- Social media spotlights across The Bridge Leadership Foundation, Mentor and Faculty members handles/pages
The Emerging Political Leaders Fellowship is the Flagship Fellowship Programme of The Bridge Leadership Foundation aimed at tackling the deep-rooted leadership problems faced as a country by exposing Fellows to the critical knowledge required for them to play in Nigeria’s political arena and thrive while in it.
No, the program is only open to Nigerians within Nigeria and in Disapora who are interested in running for political office or who are in mainstream politics in Nigeria.
The applications will close on the 28th of February 2023, 11:59 WAT
We have put a lot of thought into the development of the application process to make it as easy as possible for you to respond to our call. We are not looking for perfect answers, we are looking for answers that reflect belief and conviction. All you need to do is fill the application form, upload your CV and make a video. You will know where you stand no later than 2 weeks after application deadline.
We are not looking for production quality videos, just ensure you make your video under sufficient lighting and with very good sound quality. And tell us, why should you be selected for the fellowship? What about your vision is so compelling?
We believe this application process will help you articulate your thoughts in a way that is useful even beyond fellowship, and may very well help you present your vision in a way that galvanises the kind of support you need.
- Contact Us
Joshua - 0810 573 8992
1st Floor, 15A Murtala Mohammed Highway, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria